Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Effect of Gamma Rays On Man-In-The-Moon Marigolds Act 1

This play is......something. I'm not sure if I like it yet, but it could definitely grow on me.

I believe the person who I can relate to the most would be Tillie. I really like how no matter how many threats her mom says to her about the dang bunny, she never takes her seriously and goes on with whatever she has to do. It just struck me as amusing. Anyways, I think I could relate to Tillie because of how in love she is with science and how she just sinks into what she's talking about. Her mom, Beatrice, makes it seem like a worthless gift, but what Tillie has is something special, something she can use to escape from her world. She also demonstrates her love of science at school. I think I can relate most to this. I LOVE The Beatles,and I do get awkward stares at school sometimes because of my passion (or obsession, either one works) for them. I think I can relate to Tillie through this because we both share something we're really fond of, but no matter who says anything to shoot us down, we never truly stop loving our passion.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't think about how many times the mom addresses the rabbit, but never does anything about it! Now that you mention it, I noticed it but didn't acknowledge it... Anyway, I like how you noticed Tillie's passion, too.

    ReplyDelete